Monday, June 25, 2012

Dress

I had some leftover fabric from making myself a couple of maxi skirts so I decided to make my daughter and her dolly matching dresses. I drafted a bodice top on my own, gathered a panel to fit the top, then attached it to the back panel that I had shirred across the top. Then I followed a tutorial to get the braided straps.

She and I both like the dress enough that I'd like to make another one in a regular cotton instead of a jersey knit. This dress is perfect for goofing around in, but a nicer one would be great, too. And she loves that her dolly matches her and that she can easily get the dress on by herself (to an independent 2-year-old that is a HUGE plus).

I'll get a better picture soon and post some close-ups of the dress. She wouldn't let me get too close with the camera the other day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment