Friday, February 15, 2013

Milli Dress

My niece turns 3 today! My sister-in-law asked if I could maybe whip together a dress that looks like Milli's from Team Umizoomi. I'd never heard of the show, but looked her up and decided on a peasant dress. That should be easy enough! And it was!


The hardest part about this dress was finding the fabric. Found an old Robert Kaufman line that was perfect! It is older, so it was hard to come up with this much yardage. But I found it! Yay! Then I followed this tutorial for the most part: Polky-Nots Dress. I made the sleeves longer then added the hood. My daughter kept trying to steal the it, so I'm really glad that I found a 2-yard bundle and I'll be able to make her a matching dress. :)


Next was the doll. Honestly, I find cloth dolls really tricky to free-hand. My first attempt produced a rather unsightly thing that my daughter deemed yucky once I'd made the second one. Unfortunately for her, the second one ended up in the box going to her cousin, and A is keeping the ugly one (which I will fix and make un-yucky).

Update: She loves it!


No comments:

Post a Comment