Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Head count

This last week one of my all-time favorite quilty people had a post called "Finish it up Friday". She invited other bloggers to participate and link up to her blog by finishing one of their WIP's, blogging about it, then celebrating with a bunch of other people in completing that one WIP. Good idea! So I had this conversation with myself:

"OOOOoooo!!! Which one should I choose?" relatively insane Me said.

"Which could I get done quickly?" Practical Me said.

"Well, there's my mom's quilt." Insane Me suggested.

To which Practical me replied, "No! Are you crazy that one's going to take forever!"

"Okay, then there is the doll quilts, or the capes, or....." the crazy me began.

"Wait a minute..... Just how many WIP's do I have??" I said.

So I generated a list. A pretty pathetic list. It is quite extensive. And, frankly, Pinterest hasn't helped anything. I don't know how my works in progress list got so out of hand. I mean, I know I'm a great starter, awful finisher, but JEEZ this is ridiculous. I really need some accountability or something because I need to get these unfinished projects off my list.

So! That's what this blog is. My accountability. Not sure how often I'll post (because I DO have a life.... somewhere) but eventually I'll get all these crazy projects done. I think I'll also get rid of some of my fabric (the hubs will LOVE that!) as I go along. So here goes. Seriously don't think I'll be making the "Finish it up Friday" posts for a while, but I'll try. One project at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment